Concrete Slab Leak Repair
Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near Las Vegas Henderson Summerlin Nevada
McCarran Plumbing Las Vegas
Notice water running down your foundation? If your sprinklers aren’t on, it could very well be a slab leak. Concrete slab leaks can quickly become destructive, so it’s important to have your home inspected as soon as you see the signs. If left un-repaired, a concrete slab leak can lead to flooding and mildew.
If you need concrete slab leak repairs, contact McCarran Plumbing Las Vegas. We’ll locate leaks and properly fix them.
What’s a Slab Leak?
A slab leak is a term used to describe a water leak beneath the concrete foundation of your home. When you have a concrete slab foundation, your plumbing pipes are placed a little differently than those of a building with a basement. They run below the concrete.
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
- Damp Flooring – If you don’t have another visible leak, it’s time to check the slab!
- Mold – If you have mold in your flooring or on your walls, and no other visible leaks, you might have a slab leak.
- Yard Flooding – If the pipes have cracked underneath your slab, the water has to go somewhere–and it might be your yard!
- Foundation Cracks – When slabs crack because of shifting ground underneath, the foundation will sometimes develop cracks as well.
- Increase in Water Bill – If you’re losing water from a cracked pipe, your utility bill can reflect the extra flow.
- Decrease in Water Pressure – Slow faucets? You might have a slab leak!
- Hot Spots on Floor – If a hot water pipe has cracked, the warmth from the water will start to affect your flooring.
- Sound of Running Water – All the taps are off, but you still hear water running! You might have a burst pipe, either over or under your slab.
These are solid indications that you have a pipe problem somewhere; whether the leak is on top of your slab or underneath it will need to be determined by a professional.
What Causes a Slab Leak?
- Ground Shift: the ground beneath your slab can move slowly over time, warping the slab or pushing pipes in ways they aren’t meant to flex.
- Faulty Wrapping: when pipes are installed underneath the slab, they need to be wrapped properly. If they aren’t, the pipes will rub against the concrete, eventually eroding and leaking.
- Installation Mistakes: during installation, pipes need to be handled carefully. Any nicks or bends become weak points that will eventually leak.
- Chemical Erosion: when minerals and chemicals in water interact with copper pipes, small chemical reactions (corrosion) can occur. This natural process will eventually weaken your pipes, and it is almost impossible to avoid.
How Serious is a Slab Leak?
Slab leaks are very serious problems. If you have a slab leak you’ll want to have it repaired immediately.
Damage Prevention: All leaks should be taken care of as quickly as possible, but concrete slab leaks are especially crucial for these reasons:
- Damage to flooring within the building.
- Flood damage to belongings and items within the building.
- Soil movement, which causes buckling underneath the building, which can cause extensive foundation damage.
Insurance Coverage: Depending on your property insurance, you may be able to get some, if not all, of the concrete slab repair costs covered–but only if you report the damage immediately to the insurance company, and have it repaired as soon as possible.
- Insurance companies typically cover repairs that are “sudden and accidental”, but they’re not interested in damage that’s caused by neglect.
- They also don’t typically cover the cost of repairing the pipes themselves–only the slab damage.
How Do You Fix a Leak in a Concrete Slab?
Concrete slab leak repair really depends on the extent of the pipe damage, but it doesn’t necessarily mean all of your concrete slab needs to be dug up and destroyed. You can take advantage of different cutting-edge plumbing techniques we offer–one of which can re-line your pipe without making a single hole in your slab. If you suffer a slab leak, have it looked at right away before it gets any bigger, so we can help you save time and money.
Experts in Concrete Slab Leak Repair
Don’t let a concrete slab leak leave with you extensive damage and costly repairs, contact us! You should experience no surprises with a plumbing company and we make it so you don’t have to. You’ll receive a diagnosis and estimate before any repairs are performed
- Las Vegas NV Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near me
- Boulder City NV Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near me
- Enterprise NV Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near me
- Henderson NV Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near me
- North Las Vegas NV Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near me
- Paradise NV Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near me
- Spring Valley NV Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near me
- Summerlin NV Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near me
- Sunrise Manor NV Concrete Slab Leak Repair Services near me